The Institute building is located in Chelsea (MAG 26) near the Thames Embankment. It is a small building, old, and pillared (MAG 11), with at least three floors (MAG 123). The Institute is connected to the tunnels that were formerly below Millbank Prison, though they extend beyond it.
The Institute possesses a library of books on the supernatural, which is well organised.
The Archives is a collection of statements on the supernatural taken (and researched when possible) at the Institute. It is, at present, horrendously disorganised due to the (in)action of Gertrude Robinson, the previous Head Archivist. At present, Jonathan Sims is the Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute.
“Audio. Vigilo. Opperior." is the motto on the crest of the Magnus Institute, which roughly translates to "I listen. I watch. I wait."
Like many other academic organization, the Institute has several departments. Those currently employed to the Institue are as listed.
- Jonah Magnus - Founder of the Institute
- Elias Bouchard - Head of the Institute
- Peter Lukas - Interim Head of Institute
- Jonathan Sims - Head Archivist
- Gertrude Robinson - Former Head Archivist
- Melanie King - Archival Assistant
- Martin Blackwood - Archival Assistant
- Timothy Stoker - Archival Assistant
- Sasha James - Archival Assistant
- Basira Hussain - Archival Assistant
- Daisy Tonner - Employee
- Rosie - Administrator
- Michael Shelley - Former Archival Assistant
- Eric DeLano - Former Archival Assistant (MAG 85)
- Sarah Carpenter - Researcher (MAG 27)