The Magnus Institute is dedicated to researching the esoteric and paranormal and is based in Chelsea, London (MAG 26). It was established in 1818 by Jonah Magnus and is currently run by Elias Bouchard. The Institute is associated with the Entity known as The Eye, and it is also patronized by other groups such as the Lukas Family (MAG 33). They are not - and they would like to make this clear - paranormal investigators; they are researchers dedicated to revealing knowledge of the unknown. Nevertheless, there are many mysteries about the Institute itself.
"Audio. Vigilo. Opperior." is the motto on the crest of the Magnus Institute, which roughly translates to "I listen. I watch. I wait."
The Institute possesses a library of books on the supernatural, which is well organised.
The Magnus Archive is a collection of statements on the supernatural taken (and researched when possible) at the Institute. It is, at present, horrendously disorganised due to the (in)action of Gertrude Robinson, the previous Head Archivist. At present, Jonathan Sims is the Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute.
- Jonah Magnus - Founder of the Institute
- Elias Bouchard - Head of the Institute
- Jonathan Sims - Head Archivist
- Gertrude Robinson - Former Head Archivist
- Melanie King - Interim Archivist
- Martin Blackwood - Archival Assistant
- Tim Stoker - Archival Assistant
- Sasha James - Archival Assistant
- Basira Hussain - Employee
- Alice Tonner - Employee
- Rosie - Administrator