The Spiral is one of the fourteen main Entities. The Spiral is among the most mysterious, largely due to its nature, which involves distortion, impossible geometry and maddening realms and dimensions. The Spiral's motivations are not yet fully known, however it has been shown to create areas of distortion in our world. Jurgen Leitner and his assistants refer to it as "Es Mentiras" ("It is lies").
| ATTENTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
This article contains information from later episodes of The Magnus Archives, and may contain major spoilers for the setting and plot.
Episodes that seem to deal with this powerEdit
- MAG 26: A Distortion
- MAG 47: The New Door
- In MAG 78: Distant Cousin, Michael offers Jon an escape from Not!Sasha.
- In MAG 79: Hide and Seek, Martin and Tim were saved from Not!Sasha by Michael through a created door.
- Michael's former life as an assistant to Gertrude Robinson is first mentioned in MAG 99: Dust to Dust.
- In MAG 101: Another Twist, Michael describes how he merged with The Spiral in Zemlya Sannikova (Sannikov Land), where the entire island is defined by impossibility and structures that should not be able to exist.
Episodes that may deal with this powerEdit
Recurring characters and conceptsEdit
- The most encountered manifestation or avatar of The Spiral is Michael who can open doors in various places that lead to other places, occasionally to another place in our world, usually to an endless labyrinth.
- Helen Richardson was taken by one such door. She replaces Michael at the end of MAG 101.
Connections with other powersEdit
- Its allegiances are difficult to fully know. It seems to want balance or a delay in events as Michael explained in the tunnels when combating Not Sasha.
- It also helped the real Sasha fight a manifestation of The Hive.
- It seems to be in a tentative alliance with Beholding (although this seems only to prevent other Entities from gaining power)
- It seems to actively fight against The Corruption, and more frequently against The Stranger.